- Types of Data We Collect
- “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, email address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data;
Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, email and password when you log in to our network (“Account”).
- * When you create an Account on the Site you may provide additional information, for example, a website address or social media URLs.
- * If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- * We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, and other requested information if you contact us via email regarding support for bookings.
- * We may also collect Personal Data, such as at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
- * Typically the main data collected is your name and email address, but other data may be collected by the online platforms used to power these offerings in accordance with their terms and conditions.
Information Collected via Technology
In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- * to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- * identify you as a user in our system;
- * provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- * provide the Services you request;
- * improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- * send you a welcome email to verify ownership of the email address provided when your Account was created;
- * send you administrative email notifications, such as updates, security or support and maintenance advisories;
- * respond to your inquiries;
- * send you newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of RBYC.
- Creation of Anonymous Data
We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. RBYC reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- Third Party Service Providers
We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to RBYC. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by us.
- Other Disclosures
- Lawful Basis For Processing Personal Data
Our lawful basis for processing Personal Data depends on how the data is collected. For Personal Data collected via activity on the Site related to a request (e.g. making a booking or reservation request) our basis for processing is performance of a contract.
When responding to a direct enquiry via email or other means our basis for processing is legitimate interest.
You have the right to complain to your local data protection authority if you are not satisfied with the way your data is being handled.
- Social Networking Sites
- Third Party Websites
- Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
- * We will periodically send you free newsletters and emails that directly promote the use of our Site or Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the email you receive or by contacting us directly.
- Changes to Personal Data
You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account [by editing your profile within your Account or by sending an email to us at the email address set forth below]. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
- Your Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Union or the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights under the GDPR:
- * You can access, correct, update, or request deletion of your Personal Data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- * You can object to the processing of your Personal Data, or ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data by emailing email@example.com
- * You can request an archive of Personal Data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org We will provide you with a .csv file or files containing your Personal Data.
- * You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications. To do so, click on the "unsubscribe" link in the email.
- * You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights within 30 days, and do not charge a fee for fulfilling such requests.
- Security of Your Personal Data
RBYC is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while RBYC uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Data Retention
We retain Personal Data only as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (e.g. to provide you with a service or to comply with legal or tax requirements). At your request, we will delete your Personal Data or anonymize it so that it no longer identifies you, unless otherwise required by law.
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13, and children under 13 are prohibited from using our service.
- International Data Transfers
Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
- Contact Information
Copyright © 2018, Royal Bombay Yacht Club. All rights reserved.
Last Revised: May 25th 2018